Mobile Video Production
What is it? Mobile Video Production is taught through instruction with individual and group exercises. I include case studies, practicals, hands on shooting of video, mentoring and feedback. Attendees need a fully charged device with a data allowance and space to record video. A selection of relevant apps will need to be pre installed before the day.
Course highlights include:
- Different styles of video production
- Introduction to devices and add-ons
- How to use the camera
- Short form social video
- Top tips when shooting
- Getting the best sound
- How to edit on a mobile device
- Group based assignment
- Introduction to live streaming
Who is it for? Journalists, reporters, designers & those looking to visually connect with their network/community/consumers online | Media, Public Relations & communications professionals | Advertising & marketing professionals | Owners of small to medium sized businesses (SMEs) | Charities & voluntary organisations | Media, marketing & journalism students | Video bloggers wanting to hone their skills
Where is it? All I need is a room with a projector and if possible an internet connection. Spare power sockets could come in handy for those that may want to charge their devices.
If you’d like to know more about my Mobile Video Production Workshop please email me.
Here’s a comment after a recent workshop I delivered for the arts Marketing association:
Introduction to Livestreaming
What is it? If you are curious about live streaming video using a mobile device this workshop will help you improve your understanding and develop your skills in producing great livestreamed video.
This practical workshop includes group work, case studies and hands-on live streaming exercises. This can be either into public channels or a ‘private environment’.
Who is it for? Reporters, Journalists or marketers. Anyone responsible for creating engaging digital video content. You will need to bring a fully charged mobile device to take part in this course and will be asked to install certain apps prior to the event.
Course highlights include:
- Communicating directly with your network through live streamed video.
- Making sure storytelling isn’t compromised by assuring good sound, lighting & pictures.
- Learn effective ways to build an audience.
- Record with multiple mobile devices into low cost easy to use solutions that give great results.
You will gain:
- Tips and techniques on capturing, great sound, lighting and pictures.
- Hands-on experience shooting your own livestream video using a mobile device
- An understanding of how best to create video for the Periscope, Facebook Live and Switcher Studio.
- How to build your audience and keep them engaged.
Note: Although the principles and methods discussed are applicable for a variety of devices, iOS apps feature heavily in this workshop. Please bring your fully charged mobile device and a charger.